Installation/Eclipse Installation Guide
Revision as of 14:25, 12 May 2015 by DARAdministratorDAF (Talk | contribs)
As follow are the steps that shows you how to Install the provided source code inside an eclipse Workspace. This installation guide was written based on eclipse Version: 3.2.1
- Download the compressed source code of DAFv2 from the Downloads section in Source Code.
- Extract the source code of DAFv2 to some location.
- Open eclipse, and change the workspace to point to the location of the extracted source code.
- Create a new Java Project, and call it DAFv2. Note: You will find that the JRE and Project Layout sections are disabled, this is because the specified project location and name already exist in your workspace. (This project holds the main DAFv2 functionalities and modules)
- Create another Java Project, and call it DAFv2Installer. The previous note is still applicable. (This is the installer project, to be used to re-create the installer executable JAR)
- Create a third Java Project, and call it ReflectionCalls. The previous note is still applicable. You will find that the project has a compilation errors, this is because that this project depends on the DAFv2 project. To solve this problem add the DAFv2 project to the Java Build Path of this one.
- Create a fourth and last Project, and call it RetrievalPlugins. The previous note is still applicable. You will find that the project has also compilation errors, this is because that this project also depends on the DAFv2 project. To solve this problem add the DAFv2 project to the Java Build Path of this one.
- The class org.bibalex.daf.managers.MainControllerGUI contains the main method, so if you want to run the project for debug this is the starting class.
- If you want to use the provided ant build files, please make sure that the JDK 1.5.x.x or later is installed in your system and it is selected as your Default Installed JRE.(from Window -> Preferences -> Installed JREs, then add it.)
- Before either debugging or running the project (or creating a package using the ant build files), replace the ResourceFile.xml file with the one generated from the installer.